Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Polls Down, Criminal Intentions Up?

The country is in fight mode. The Blue Gang is looking good, with a month to go. The question now is, will the Red-Team Republican machine be willing to steal this election?  It's a valid question! Elections CAN be stolen, whether theoretically or in real life examples. Is this one worth so much - and they really thought McCain was a sure thing - to compel the Republican power-keeping counsel to take advantage of some really screwy voting conditions? We'll see what happens on that front in November.  A 12 year old boy could hack into the Diebold machines. I saw it in a great documentary called Hacking Democracy:

www.freedocumentaries.org (yes, free and legal)

Why can't I get these links to go live? Somebody tell me how to fix it! Grrrrr. I'm in a fightin' mood tonight, too. I feel the need to restrain myself from writing things I really want to write about anyone who would vote for McCain/Palin. I feel like I'd say things I'd regret. Or not.

Why is it so important to some people that their president and vice-president be a person they'd enjoy a meal with? Why should a president be a "wo/man of the people," a guy/gal you'd share a beer and a laugh with? Why should leaders be just like a middle-class citizens? It's the Bush syndrome. Low expectations!

I would hope that my president would be the smartest guy in the world; both open-minded but an excellent decision-maker; interested in learning all he can about all the issues he has to deal with; not particularly social, except as a diplomat (he's not drinking beer with the guys); patient, level-headed and incredibly well-spoken, stuff like that. If that makes me an elitist, well give me a big E I can wear on my chest. It just seems best, am I wrong? 

For that matter, if there were a God, I would hope he wouldn't require his sheeple to spend so much time in glorification of him. Our God is a vain God. Where is that saying from?

Back to the matter at hand - which was? Ah - stealing elections. As the polls start leaning so heavily toward Obama, the Republican Powers That Be must be turning to plans D, E and F - the really dirty stuff. 

Another aside: I watched the greatest movie last night. Director Jonathan Demme has done a documentary on Jimmy Carter that is so well done. It's on On Demand and is definitely worth watching unless you're a hardcore Zionist. I can't wait to see Bill Maher's Religulous, which has gotten excellent reviews from friends. Atheism is something I need to be more comfortable about standing up for. I'm aware that I'm part of a very small minority...less that 20% of Americans are Atheists. Once again, while watching the Carter documentary, I was astounded by how such a brilliant, rational man could believe that Jesus was borne of a virgin. 

It's pretty godless and un - christian to steal an election. But I have to remind myself that most of these people really believe in what they think and say and enact. I have to try and understand that many of them (and by "them" I mean those who would conspire to manipulate democracy) actually have good intentions. They think that we great masses need to be properly contained. 

The debate tonight was just not worth a grand recapping. These debates beween Obama and McCain have been quite predictable. No sparring, really, no ire or pounding on the podium. No real outbursts.

Meh. I have some interesting news articles I've been sent by some right-wing organization. I have no clue where they got a hold of my e-mail address but their articles make for some good laughs. Khow thine enemy, right?!  I think I shall drag them through the mud tomorrow.  I've got some Diebold information to wax poetic about, too, so we might as well have a week of accusations, proof of guilt and some laffs, no?                                                                                                                         

 Hasta luego, politicos y politicas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog, here, Ms. Fury. I had a full day of watching politics and who would have guessed I'd fall in love with Michelle Laxtal? A Republican with a brain and a sense of ethics. I'm sure it won't last, but next to Bay "Banshee" Buchanan she was such a treat.

And I'll give you my theory on the budding Acorn scandal...right wing infiltrators. What's my tip off? Poor spelling, bad handwriting. I think that goes along with their inability to speak in complete sentences. Kee-rist, America is like a ship and all the rats are scurrying on deck.